The VI Summer School in Probabilities and Stochastic Processes, organized by the Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM) of the University of Chile, will be held on January 8-12, 2024.
The school is aimed at students and researchers in probability, and its objective is to introduce current research topics in the area in a relaxed environment. The content of the courses will be accessible to Master and PhD students. At the same time, the school also aims to generate a space for dissemination and discussion and to encourage the development of new scientific interactions in the country and the region. In particular, the participation of young researchers and students from the region is encouraged.
The school will take place in room B05 of the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences of the Universidad de Chile, Beauchef 851, and will include the following mini-courses, of three sessions each:
- Leonardo Rolla, University of São Paulo
- Dieter Mitsche, Universidad Católica de Chile
An introduction to percolation
- Oren Louidor, Technion
Extreme value theory for logarithmically correlated fields
LECTURE NOTES HERE
- Joaquín Fontbona, CMM/Universidad de Chile
- Héctor Olivero, Universidad de Valparaíso
- Daniel Remenik, CMM/Universidad de Chile
- Santiago Saglietti, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Avelio Sepúlveda, CMM/Universidad de Chile
For further information, please contact the organizers (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).